This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 160887
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Diem
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Under the direction of the radiologist, the Nuclear Medicine Technologist (NMT) performs all relevant therapeutic and diagnostic testing associated with the Nuclear Medicine service, in compliance with all departmental and governmental regulations (DEP / NRC). The NMT will assume on-call status according to the needs of the Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription, precertification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, Pennchart order and patient identification
2. Assists the patient in the emotional and physical needs (based on age) for specific nuclear medicine procedures. Explains procedures to each patient prior to initiation of test. Provides for and assesses patient comfort and safety prior to, during, and after completion of test.
3. Perform nuclear medicine procedures following appropriate imaging protocols under the direction of the radiologist.
4. Ability to start, monitors, and remove IV’s.
5. Preparation /Administration of all applicable pharmaceuticals as related to specific testing protocols.
6. Compiles and reviews images, provides applicable comparison studies, and prepares documentation for the interpretation
7. Clean, adjust and perform routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required
1. Performs, evaluates, and documents QC based on established department protocols on all cameras, instruments, or computer systems.
2. Follow radiation safety guidelines as required by state and NRC regulations. Understands and follows ALARA and QMP programs.
3. Performs, evaluates, and documents all surveys, wipes, and dosing in accordance with department protocols.
4. Oversees all compliance and documentation.
Education Training and Experience
Associate degree in Nuclear Medicine.
Current registration by the ARRT or certified by the NMTCB. Registry of certification eligibility is acceptable for one year after formal training. Membership in a professional society is encouraged.
Current basic Life Support (BCLS)We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.