Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: OB GYN
- Responsible for working with the division chief as their administrative and business partner. Provides clinical leadership, direction, growth, and administration of operations, budget and finances. Works with Division Chief in regard to overall business planning and financial management, ensuring the accomplishment of management goals and objectives. The Director Division Administration (DDA) has a dual reporting relationship to the Division Chief and Chief Operating Officer, and works closely with the Director of Operations, Director of Nursing, Director of Access and Quality, Director of Finance, and clinic leadership (practice managers, practice leads, medical directors). DDA partners with Division Chief to (a) develop and maintain strategic plan and budget for the division (includes market strategies, recruitment strategies, growth strategies, cost containment strategies); (b) ensure strategic goals are aligned with both Departmental and CPUP goals; (c) establish annual strategic priorities and implementation plans; and (d) resolve operational, policy, and faculty issues within the division.
- The position is also responsible for directing the successful development, implementation and growth of the surgical operations, resulting in high quality outcomes, cost effective performance and increases in volume/market share. Serves as an administrative liaison for surgical services activities, projects and programs across all entities. Works closely with executive leadership, financial planning and key medical leadership regarding the state of relevant technology, identifying avenues for increased revenue and reimbursement for services and development of referrals.
- Notify Chief of relevant issues, including operational problems/policies and faculty issues; offer resolutions and recommend changes; collaborate with the Chief to plan, strategize and develop policies and procedures to maximize the organizational and financial position of the Division.
- Provide data to individual faculty including productivity metrics, incentives, billing compliance, scheduled utilization, quality metrics, and patient satisfaction scores. Identify areas of opportunity and work with faculty to achieve goals, develop new programs, and problem-solve existing programs.
- Work with Director of Operations, Director of Nursing, Director of Access and Quality, Director of Finance, and clinic leadership to provide project management and implement innovative pilots and changes to clinical operations.
- Direct and manage Divisional financial and revenue cycle operations. Create, prepare, implement, control and monitor budgets; responsible to explain budget variances; responsible to offset over expenditures from other budget categories.
- Interpret and enforce human resources institutional and departmental policies for faculty and staff.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures • Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Skills and Abilities Required:
ANALYTICS: Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment
FINANCE: Experience with health care cost accounting and decision support software
REGULATORY: Knowledge of /familiarity with national standards for quality, safety, and healthcare
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to utilize computer software
Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making.
Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with staff, faculty, and entity-leadership
Skill in organizing work to achieve clinical goals and objectives.
Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
Ability to communicate clearly
Organize, execute and analyze PDSA cycles and IT technology to improve overall Surgical Operations
Creates dashboards for the Department to track OR turnover times, preparation defects, and the costs associated with delays in cases
Coordinates staffing requirements based on volume, severity of illness and standard for care delivery with Perioperative Services to ensure consistency for Department
Oversee the overall direction and management of Surgical Services
Effectively direct the utilization of resources
Establish operating priorities
Ensure activities support strategies plan while maintaining fiscal responsibility
Leads operations associated with assigned surgically based programs
Proactively communicates and collaborates with Perioperative leadership to ensure that perioperative staff are educated on quality issues and priorities, regulatory, new initiatives, and medical safety requirements
Responsible for monitoring and managing OBGYN Perioperative to ensure optimization of efficiency, reimbursement and quality
Provides input into major capital expenses related to surgical services
Collaborates with clinical leadership to reduce in variation in surgical care
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Business/Healthcare administration
7+ years Business/Healthcare administration
- Master of Arts or Science
- Business/Healthcare administration
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.