Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Clinical Director - Perioperative/Cardiology Procedures at Hospital of the University of Penn
Job ID: 160825
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2022
Work Schedule: full time day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Clinical Director for Hospital of University of Pennsylvania Perioperative Nursing provides operational and administrative leadership to the perioperative and cardiology procedural spaces. This leadership role works towards fulfilling the Hospital of University of Pennsylvania System's mission in the delivery of world-class patient care while supporting the health system's mission in education and research. Works in collaboration with the Associate Chief Nurse Officer at the departmental level within the procedural spaces; specifically focusing on the perioperative and cardiology procedural nursing. Ensures that the goals of the nursing department are carried out within the procedural spaces. Attracts top talent and develops a highly capable leadership team.
- Partners with leadership to develop a strategic vision and budget planning. This vision includes a 2-5 year plan with metrics for measurement of success. Facilitates this planning with the ACNO and other entity leadership.
- Ensures that annual strategic goals are linked to leadership’s performance targets. Also includes supply and capital operating budget for the entity. Participates as a member of Leadership Team in the development of strategic capital and other resource priorities and manages them for maximum benefit to UPHS.
- Provides direct oversight of the financial management for all procedural areas. Prepares and manages the divisional budget, variance reports, and the annual budgeting process.
- Provides mentoring to all nursing leaders within the procedural areas to professionally develop the leadership team.
- Actively involved in the materials management and assures practices are aligned with the UPHS quality management strategy.
- Communication with direct reports regarding the quality of care, financial performance, analyze employee satisfaction and develops opportunities for improvement.
- Regularly meets with direct reports to improve communication and build productive relationships.
- Implements change management strategies for major organizational activities and events in alignment with Perioperative and UPHS objectives. Communicates to all levels of staff and evaluates the effectiveness of the change.
- Is the accountable leader for the strategy and execution for the employee satisfaction and patient satisfaction process for all areas of oversight.
- Supports the creation of key performance metric targets, improvement plans and reporting systems to ensure the delivery of high quality care.
- Takes an active participation in all perioperative and cardiology leadership meetings to build collaborative interdisciplinary relationships.
- Collaborates with other hospital departments within and outside of nursing to promote the most effective care within the continuum.
- Recruitment of competent staff to meet all operational needs within the department. Ensure proper orientation for all staff and encourages growth of the staff and leadership. Addresses performance management such that it is clearly defines work process expectations. Conducts performance appraisals in accordance with the regulations annually.
- Maintains up to date knowledge with current trends within procedural nursing.
- Supports other duties as assigned to support the department, entity and health system organization.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Science Nursing (Required)
- MSN and 5+ years progressive and perioperative nursing experience required with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE