Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 162490
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Every Other Weekend 11a-7:30p
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Transports patients, specimens, blood and blood products, charts, medical records, and other documents, linens, and Central Supply Equipment/supplies as requested, in a safe and timely manner. Supports the mission of Chester County Hospital and the Transport Services Department.
- Transporter Duties:
- Transports patients via wheelchair or stretcher using safety measures appropriate for patient and vehicle.
- Uses proper body mechanics when transferring patient during ambulation and bed – chair transfers.
- Uses appropriate Safe Patient Handling equipment and devices, e.g. Hovermat and Hoverjack when needed.
- Transports patients for internal tests and transports discharged patients to exit.
- Uses communication resources such as the interdepartmental transport sheet to ascertain patient’s needs such as portable oxygen, isolation precautions, etc.
- Reports to transportation destination in a timely manner to pick-up patient.
- Maintains hallways, keeping clear of all unused equipment.
- Communicates patient and unit information to the RN and interdisciplinary care team in a timely manner.
- Seeks help from RN when needed.
- Informs the Dispatcher or Supervisor when experiencing difficulty completing an assignment.
- Stays with patient until relieved by another healthcare provider.
- Accepts assignments and performs as a team member.
- Verifies patient ID, introduces self to patient and explains procedure to patient and family.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Role Development:
- Develops own knowledge via practice, observation, and attending competency assessments and required inservices.
- Promotes best practice by demonstrating a commitment to quality patient care.
- Promotes innovation and creativity in the practice environment.
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor for new employees.
- Accepts constructive feedback about performance or behaviors and shows evidence of change.
- Demonstrates verbal and writing skills that are appropriate for healthcare communication.
- Adheres to the Department of Nursing Dress Code.
- Department of Nursing and Organization Support:
- Communicates support of organizational values and strategies.
- Supports the following organizational programs: Magnet® , Hospital of Distinction, Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification, and Nursing Councils. Performs job duties in accordance with these standards.
- Maintains attendance/lateness standards in accordance with Hospital policy.
- Departmental Support:
- Maintains equipment in working order. Uses equipment appropriately, follows Department policies for equipment and supply use, cleaning and maintenance.
- Performs assigned duties to maintain department in a state of survey readiness and maintain quality initiatives.
- Adheres to hospital based programs to support patient care such as maintaining a quiet environment, customer service, etc.
- Attends staff meetings on a regular basis
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE