This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 160676
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Hours: Standard hours are M-F 11am -7:30pm with one weekend requirement a month. (Hours will fluctuate on the weeks scheduled to work weekends)
Essential functions include the collection, decontamination and distribution of patient care equipment as well as the collection and the replenishment of code (CRT) carts.
1. Collects, decontaminates and distributes patient equipment and other materials as directed.
2. Performs traction set-ups
3. Retrieves and replenishes code carts as required
4. Responsible for advising Operations Manager when component soft goods (e.g. CPM pads) or equipment needs to be ordered to ensure that patient care is uninterrupted
5. Collaborates with Operations Manager and Biomedical Engineering department to ensure that equipment is always functional.
6. Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with surgeons, nursing personnel, purchasing personnel and patient care areas to identify needs and concerns with equipment.
7. Cleans work area as requested. Ensures all areas of accountability are compliant with all federal, state and local regulatory standards, including JCAHO, HIPAA, and others.
8. Performs other job responsibilities as assigned
9. Exemplifies excellent hospitality towards patient, visitors, physicians and co-workers as outlined in the Service Excellence Standards.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.