Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Manager Workforce Planning PMAC
Job ID: 160091
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: Penn Medicine Access Center
- The Manager of Workforce Planning for the Penn Medicine Access Center (PMAC) is responsible for managing and owning workforce and reporting management strategy, processes and execution ensuring the most efficient utilization of call center resources. The Manager will support and execute on the strategic priorities of the Penn Medicine Access System (a call center collaborative consisting of multiple call centers within the health system) by providing oversight and structure of the Access System, Workforce Planning, Workforce Analytics, and Workforce Management Technology.
- Customer Service Experience Improvement
- Ensure Access Center and stakeholders are consistent with Workforce Management industry standards and best practices
- Lead Workforce capacity management and strategic planning that supports Penn Access System
- Functional Planning & Execution
- Manages a team of workforce management and business analyst professionals who develop and manage long-term and short term forecasting, call center performance metrics, and staff scheduling
- Identify track and analyze key business drivers, providing proactive, solutions-oriented support to call center management
- Support ongoing meeting with finance to ensure staffing is consistent with budget constraints
- Ability to leverage workforce analytics and forecasting, planning, and informed recommendations to partner with the
- Manager of Workforce learning and development, As well as Access Center Leadership to recognize, recommend, implement and measure operational changes and enhancements.
- Create what if scenarios and present recommendations for staffing, forecasting and budgeting purposes to ensure the call center has sufficient resources to operate effectively
- Data Analysis & Strategic Planning that pertains to capacity management
- Drive/manage change in workforce forecasting and planning process with the goal of optimizing and sustaining a seamless Patient Experience
- Support Access Center leadership and key stakeholders to address staffing issues by analyzing trends in call/contact volume, call patterns, staff
- Ensure that programs and KPI dashboards align with both Access System standards and the mission and values of Penn Medicine
- Drive efficiencies and performance improvements via careful analysis of call center data and identified/demonstrated
- performance gaps; direct the analytical outcomes of call center systems data analysis
- Create and produce reports on historical data and forecasting results from applicable systems. Analyze and interpret data and independently implement solutions. Provide insight through analytics to call center leadership and maintain or create sustainable dashboards
- Proactively interpret data and recommend solutions to reduce risk, lower expenses and maximize operational efficiency and quality
- Partner with the manager of workforce learning and development and Access Center leadership to identify performance gaps and develop solutions
- Manages a team of workforce analysts who manage data, produce relevant forecasting to inform decisions, manage
- adherence, attendance, and staffing levels in partnership with access operations leadership.
- Focus on aligning existing staff to the current operational needs (1-12 months) as well as future strategic needs (1-3 years) of the business in partnership with Human Resources. Importantly, this role also aligns individual employee development and experience needs as part of the people strategy
- Management responsibility of direct reports including hiring, performance management, staff development and coaching
- Responsible for the relationship with technology teams including Telecommunications, Strategic Decision Support, and the EPIC Transformation Team to ensure that the most up-to-date technologies are available and optimized for specific use by the Access System
- Enterprise-wide stakeholders at Penn Medicine. Collaborate with the call center Directors of Operations, key stakeholders, and leaders across the enterprise to foster transparency in PMAC
- Industry Expertise
- Keeps abreast of new trends in Workforce Management call center operations
- Defines and identifies how new technologies could reduce customer effort
- Serves as PMAC accountable leader and the organizations business liaison for the implementation of new reporting and workforce management tools
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- And 5+years Total experience including: - Minimum 3 to 5 years of progressive management experience in Call Center management (Required)
- Experience in a Healthcare setting with emphasis on Patient Access preferred
- Direct knowledge/experience in any or all of the following support functions is required: WFM, Workforce Analytics, and Call/Call Center
- Technology; 1 to 2 years of oversight experience in these areas is highly preferred
- Master of Arts or Science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE