Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Mammography Tech - Days - Perelman Center - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 163058
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is Seeking a Fulltime Mammography Tech for Days at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Greets patient, identifies self and interacts with patient to gain trust and insure patient support
- Perform hand hygiene before and after every patient encounter.
- Explains procedures to patient/family
- Prepares patients for procedures according to section protocols
- Performs procedures consistent with section protocols
- Monitors patient status, tolerance, well-being, and safety throughout and after procedure
- Verifies patient identity and ensures preparation for procedure by using two patient identifiers (full name, date of birth, medical record number).
- Thoroughly completes all per and post exam paperwork, specific to the Department protocol for the exam being performed. This includes but not limited to patient questionnaire, contrast administration documentation, medication reconciliation, post exam care, etc.
- Aids radiologists, doctors and other UPHS team members in completing procedures according to applicable protocol
- Ensures that patient’s status and care is sustained while patient is in Radiology, i.e., IV needs, O2 needs, etc.
- Responds to emergency situations according to department/hospital policies
- Administers contrast agents where applicable. Identifies high risk patients are brought to the attention of the Radiologist. Manages non-controlled medications according to UPHS guidelines and Physicians orders. Ensures a clean environment when handling any medication. Prepares and administers the medication per protocol.
- Responds to any need, issue or concern of a patient while the patient is in their care. Takes care of the need and/or had the need addressed as needed.
- Compete hand off communication before and after every exam per hospital protocol and department process.
- Maintains supply stock levels in rooms needed for daily operation of the section
- Distributes section supplies and ensures that they are placed in secure storage areas
- Communicates need for and/or acquires supplies needed for section protocols (e.g., contrasts, isotopes, catheters, etc.)
- Cleans and prepares equipment for sterilization to insure availability of sterile equipment
- Operates radiology equipment using proper techniques and patient positioning to produce high quality images
- Maintains radiology equipment and troubleshoots service problems
- Performs quality assurance testing consistent with section protocols
- Operates ancillary equipment needed to perform examination and take care of patients needs
- Stays current with new technology and procedures consistent with section protocols
- Practices radiation safety guidelines
- Cleans room and changes linen after completion of each procedure
- Answer phone calls using appropriate greeting and information
- Takes initiative to resolve issues/concerns from patients, family members, physicians, UPHS personnel and co-workers
- Completes and verifies examinations based upon the section’s practice
- Complete all paperwork and bills in a timely fashion, appropriate exams per section’s protocol
- Assumes supervisor role when necessary and follows given directives
- Confirms and verifies into PACS system
- Is expected to support and comply with all standards for UPHS licensure; to include TJC, State and any other licensing agency
- Is expected to complete all annual in-service programs both online and on paper as established in UPHS and Department policies
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- ARRT (Required) in Mammography
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED Required.
- Completion of an accredited program in Mammography
- 2+ years Mammography experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE