Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Therapist Eating Disorders Exempt - EDU at Penn Medicine Princeton Health (Per Diem)
Job ID: 158680
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Per Diem Therapist for the Eating Disorder Unit!
- Works as professional member of interdisciplinary treatment team in general hospital setting, providing case management and primary psychotherapy with inpatients and partial hospital patients with a primary diagnosis of an eating disorder from childhood and adolescence and through adulthood.
- Provides primary individual and family psychotherapy to patients in all phases of treatment, with broad age ranges (predominantly of adolescents and young adults) and additional comorbid diagnoses. Is sensitive to and accommodates families’ needs for sessions outside of usual business hours.
- Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Completes all components of Psychosocial Assessment (if a licensed Social Worker), using data from patient, family, and treatment providers within designated time frame.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary treatment plan and coordinates treatment plan reviews within established time frames.
- Attends daily treatment rounds, providing input to and being receptive to input from other members of treatment team. Demonstrates ability to use treatment team consensus in expeditiously adjusting treatment plans according to needs of patient.
- Identifies significant changes in patients’ clinical status and communicates to appropriate member(s) of treatment team.
- Communicates effectively the essential clinical features of each case with utilization reviewers and monitors patient attendance in scheduled program and length of stay.
- Coordinates discharge planning and communicates plan clearly to all relevant parties, including but not limited to: patient, family, Utilization Reviewer, and outpatient treatment providers.
- Provides specialized psychotherapy groups, psychoeducation groups and Multi-family groups according to education and training.
- Documents all therapeutic interactions, significant contacts with patient/family/other providers, therapeutic goals, and other data in concise, readable format in the electronic medical record on a timely basis, in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
- Provides age-appropriate care as indicated by knowledge of the principle of growth and development over the lifespan, and ability to assess and interpret data relative to the patient’s age. Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department and hospital; collaborates with other staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Maintains all standards of confidentiality. Interacts professionally, respectfully and flexibly with patients, families and staff in performance of daily duties.
- Training and Education:
- Attends scheduled staff meetings and inservices.
- Complies with continuing education requirements of field and completes required annual competencies.
- Participates in program educational activities and marketing activities, such as:
- Speaking engagements
- Writing professional articles
- Providing inservice education
- Cultivating new referral sources
- Attending conferences and bringing information back to program in the form of program development, inservice education, etc.
- Provides coverage on weekends as scheduled.
- To provide coverage for utilization management as needed or directed
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science
- Masters Degree in social sciences preferred.
Previous experience in treating eating disorders or inpatient setting.
- Other (Required)
- Licensed or license eligible in New Jersey.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE