Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Occupational Therapist IRF Acute Rehabilitation (Plainsboro) Per Diem Days
Job ID: 160350
Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Diem - Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- • The occupational therapist provides therapy services in accordance with Standards of Practice of the American Occupational Therapy Association and the Bylaws of the Princeton Healthcare system. Occupational therapy practice involves examination, evaluation, treatment, and instruction of individuals for the prevention, habilitation, and rehabilitation of physical or psychiatric or learning disability, functional deficit and or pain. Occupational therapy is responsible to participate in staff education activities and providing consultation for facility personnel. They must communicate and document the communication with other disciplines and service to provide continuity and coordination of patient care.
- Performs a patient examination in a technically competent manner.Performs skilled services. Uses sound judgment and follows established standards of practice independently.
- Evaluates clinical findings to determine rehab diagnosis and outcomes of care; Designs a plan of care that integrates the goals, treatment, outcomes and discharge plan. Performs interventions in a competent manner assessing the response to care. Adapts delivery of care to reflect respect and sensitivity to individual differences; Performs reassessments as necessary. Assesses needs for other services
- Documents care given within the designated time frames in the EMR and hands off problems and resolutions to the case manager and the team.
- Incorporates an understanding of economic factors in the delivery of services and maintains compliance with productivity standards of the department as specified in the staffing plan.
- Demonstrates competency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological, and social needs. Competent in age specific knowledge and skills. Understands age-related growth and development levels.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/ staff, within and outside the department to develop means of enhancing patient care and services.
- Implements a self-directed plan for professional development and lifelong learning.
- Keeps abreast of changes in policies and procedures. Uses support personnel according to ethical and legal guidelines. Maintains confidentilality as per standards. Professionally represents the PHCS during interactions with suppliers, committee, new employees, and students.
- Plans and implements in-service and continuing educational activities to meet identified learning needs and performance improvement initiatives. Participating in staff education activities and providing consultation to facility personnel
- Occupational Therapist (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Current CPR certification
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Other (Required)
- Graduation from an Occupational therapy program accredited by the A.O.T.A. or its equivalent if educated outside the U.S., indicates that the individual possesses the appropriate educational requirements.
acute care clinical affiliation can substitute for education
- Master of Arts or Science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE