This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 162854
Work Type: FT
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a RN. This RN must be interested in working the full time day shift.
· The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Ambulatory Nurse II position description addendum. The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evidence Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise, patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
2. Safety: The nurse minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers and self through system effectiveness and individual performance.
3. Professionalism: The nurse demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization and advancing community outreach.
4. Person and Family Centered Care: The nurse recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
5. Leadership: The nurse effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine.
6. Informatics/Technology: The nurse utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making across the continuum.
• BSN from accredited school of nursing required.
Related Work Experience
• At least 1 year experience working as an RN required, at least 2 years preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• RN with active NJ licensure required.
• Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification required.
• ACLS/PALS certification per specialty preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.