Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Coordinator Social Work Inpatient- Full Time Days at Penn Medicine Princeton House Behavioral Health
Job ID: 161365
Category: Social Work
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton House Inpatient Behavioral Health is a large accredited psychiatric hospital located in Princeton New Jersey, specializing in treating adult patients from 18 to 60+ years for primary psychiatric and addiction disorders.
Social Work staff provide clinical case management interventions with patients and their families along with individual, family and group therapies. Patient’s present with a range of symptoms and meet with their Psychiatrist, Group Therapist Nursing and Social Work staff daily to support a full range of therapeutic interventions.
This setting offers outstanding opportunities to learn, grow and establish clinical skills. Supervision for clinical staff is provided to support licensing.
- Provides senior clinical oversight, team leadership, program planning and development to social workers on designated unit.
- Leads and coordinates daily patient care meetings on designated unit, provides leadership and support for treatment planning process. Ensures compliance with department documentation standards: progress notes, assessments and treatment plans. Provides clinical services in areas of: case management, individual psychotherapy group and expressive psychotherapy family intervention/psychotherapies other specialized psychotherapy. Offers supervision, orientation and training to program staff. Ensures patient satisfaction surveys are distributed to patients. Incorporates Press Ganey Survey feedback into program planning and individual practice. Provides leadership for program development. Monitors quality of patient care and submits Performance Improvement reports (chart audits) to PI Coordinator as requested. Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service. Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of patients.
- Licensed Clinical SW - LCSW (Required)
- Dual licensure as an LDADC highly desirable. NJ State Supervisors Certificate, preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master's Degree in Social Work MSW (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years' post-master's experience in mental health treatment. Addiction treatment experience highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity or in program planning a plus.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE