Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
OB Tech- FT Nights- Labor & Delivery- Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 162983
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2022
Work Schedule: Nights-3-12 hour( 7p-7a) shifts per week
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
From low-intervention birthing rooms to fully equipped operating rooms for emergency situations, Pennsylvania Hospital offers a range of prenatal options for each woman's unique needs. The Labor and Delivery Unit provides quality medical care in a relaxing modern setting. This unit features a maternity admissions area that offers mothers privacy and comfort for their early labor examination.
Our homelike labor and delivery rooms offer mothers the convenience of staying in the same room before and during birth and for a short period after delivery. Each room has a warm, comfortable atmosphere with a private bath, rocking chair and soft décor. All necessary medical equipment for mother and baby is stored out-of-sight until needed.
The Labor and Delivery Unit includes eight labor, delivery and recovery rooms, four high-risk labor rooms and a four-bed recovery area. The unit is fully equipped for cesarean births that are pre-scheduled or for emergent cesarean situations.
- Delivers patient care and collects data under the direction of the registered nurse, incorporating organizational competencies of superior quality care, communication, and teamwork with a focus on the patient and responsibility/accountability for role performance outcomes. Supports PAH's Standards of Excellence.
- Demonstrates ability to function as the scrub technician for L&D operative events.
- Delivers all activities associated with patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs duties and exhibits behaviors consistent with HUP’s philosophy of care that supports The Standards for Service Excellence.
- Completion of all job required competencies.
- Effectively follows all directions by the Registered Nurse to provide safe patient care.
- Effectively exhibit behaviors that enhance customer service satisfaction that includes: patient, family, visitors or staff.
- Demonstrate skills as a responsible team member.
- Demonstrate initiative to independently complete all competencies.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Successful completion of OB Technician program with a Surgical Technologist certification by entity holding a Nationally recognized Institutional or program accreditation or successfully completed training program in US ARMY, Navy or Air Force.
OR Tech certification and Nursing Assistant Certification preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE