Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Network Ops Center Analyst-Noc
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 129153
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2022
Work Schedule: 1st Shift, M-F | Hybrid & On-Call Rotation
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: PMPH Technology
Entity: Penn Medicine at Princeton Health
- Responsible for the day-to-day resolution of Incidents and Service Requests for PC and related technical components. This position will be responsible for network monitoring and resolving network fault notices or escalation to the Network Solutions team. Dispatch to various PHCS sites to assist with client technical issues as they arise. This position will also be responsible for on-call support on a rotating schedule. Position will require answering phones and providing onsite technical support. As a NOC Analyst you will utilize advanced technology knowledge and apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve client issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Utilize knowledge of complex network hardware and software technology to provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for all users as it relates to hardware/software issues.
- Uses the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) model for improving department/unit performance and validates that improvement is achieved.
- Diagnose and resolve issues on desktops, laptops, printers and approved corporate software.
- Provide supplemental phone support for all hardware issues.
- Travel to various PHCS locations when onsite technical support is required or in support of various IS projects and Desktop /Server Services.
- Monitor Helpdesk fax and email queues and ensure that all requests are either responded to or have been entered into the LAN Desk ticketing system.
Other Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide advanced technical experience and knowledge with problem analysis to all that call the help desk or desk side troubleshooting.
- Answer incoming customer calls to the Helpdesk and enter them into the LAN Desk ticketing system.
- Record all pertinent information regarding the issue and assigns appropriate "priority level" to the problem and assign ticket to proper IT team (Technical, Server Engineer, Clinical and Financial).
- Perform periodic maintenance on desktop environment equipment to reduce hardware failures.
- Assisting the Clinical, Technical and Financial Analysts in service calls.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to complete work tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of helpdesk phones, computers, databases, software, Microsoft office, etc.
- Team player and meets all mandatory requirements for compliance and maintains compliance with all regulatory and safety requirements.
- Work with ticketing systems and coordinating workflow with other departments
- Enforces all PHCS policies and procedures
- Must be willing to work any shift and participate in on-call rotation. (Days/Nights/Weekends)
- Routinely assumes on-call responsibility. This includes providing off hour support for end user desktop environment, data center support and being on site for server engineers, and performing schedule technical tasks during various application and server "rolls".
- Routinely assumes on-call responsibility. This includes providing off hour support for end user desktop environment, data center support and being on site for server engineers and performing schedule technical tasks during various application and server "rolls".
- All other duties as assigned
- 3 to 5 years of experience, directly related monitoring and operations (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Maintain the client network infrastructure, as needed, through the following lifecycle phases: maintenance, administration, and support
- Provide expert level server and network support for all managed systems
- Provide support to other Service Team members for escalated requests
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced understanding and ability to troubleshoot web based TCP/IP applications and services in Windows and Linux environments
- Active Directory, VMWare, Windows, Citrix, Cisco LAN/WAN
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE