Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 162976
Work Type: FT
Location: Lancaster, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provides clinical navigation for identified patients within the Penn Medicine/LG Health system. Performs clinical and administrative functions to support the coordination of inpatient and/or outpatient care needs. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
- Demonstrates proficiency in applying nursing theories, evidence-based nursing knowledge, problem solving and therapeutic techniques to perform professional nursing duties safely, legally, ethically, efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of pathophysiology of specific disease processes and understands treatment modalities and rationale such as: surgery, therapy, symptom management, diet and self-care strategies, survivorship, surveillance and advanced care planning.
- Understands and applies current clinical guidelines in implementing a treatment plan.
- Manages physical, mental, psychological and/or spiritual well-being while working with the patient to develop a treatment plan and contribute to its implementation and evaluation.
- Provides continuity of care throughout the entire experience. Remain a point of contact for the patient along the continuum of care:
- Responds appropriately to instances of unsafe practice to safeguard the patient’s health;
- Maintains an environment conducive to health and healing including infection control;
- Provides referrals to supportive resources at local, regional and national levels;
- Provides treatment summaries and care plans for patients after receiving treatment.
- Provides education to patient/caregiver on items such as: disease/symptom management, medication purpose and side effects, diet, rehabilitation and when to notify the healthcare provider.
- Assesses the health needs of the patient using a bio-psycho-social-spiritual framework including self-determined health goals and develop a plan of care for the patient based on his or her own personal needs.
- Participates in related national and local professional nursing organizations, reviews literature and assess trends in patient care needs and development of services and resources to meet these needs.
- Performs nursing techniques proficiently by maintaining accurate documentation, using appropriate channels of referral and working effectively with other health care team members.
- Assessment of patient’s ability to navigate through the healthcare system and identify potential barriers. Guide patient through the healthcare system including:
- Appropriate referrals to nutrition support, social work, financial counseling, psychology, rehab and/or palliative care.
- Ability to communicate among specialty practices with the healthcare organization- build relationship with physicians and staff.
- Screens and informs patients who may be eligible for clinical trials for advancement of practice.
- Advocates and facilitates access to the appropriate services to individuals with disabilities and advocate for equal access for all patients regardless of financial status.
- Advocates for the patient’s right to autonomy and an informed decision-making process.
- Identifies and implements methodologies for continuous quality improvement within the service line and support disease specific performance improvement initiatives.
- Actively engages and participates in community outreach, education and supportive services programs, including appropriate screening programs or educational and health awareness promotion activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, healthcare management, or related field AND 3+ years' experience as a clinical nurse
- Preferred experience - Master's Degree in Nursing and 5+ years' experience as a clinical nurse
- PA RN licensure
- Valid Driver's License, Car insurance, and access to reliable vehicle
- Certification in related specialty (location specific) required within 3 years of hire: Oncology Certification issued by OCN, OBPN or CBCNHeart Failure Certification issued by CHFNCase Management issued by ACMA, CCMC or ANCCStroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE