This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 162949
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider to work with the medicine hospitalist group at HUP Cedar, located in West Philadelphia at 54th and Cedar Streets.
Duties will include:
· Inpatient rounding on general medicine patients
· Medicine consults
· Providing continuous inpatient coverage on the units and in observation
· Admissions to the general medicine service
· Conduct in-patient rounds
· Conduct history and physical on patients on medicine service and psych service
· Evaluation and treatment of patients
· Coordination of admissions and discharge planning
· Issuing orders for medications, treatments and lab tests
· Write discharge summaries
· Current licensure as an RN and Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
· Acute Care Board Certification Required.
· Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
· Certification as a Physician Assistant & Master’s degree required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.