Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
$7,500 Sign-on and Retention Bonus! The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP)is looking for a Medical Technologist - Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Laboratory (Full Time/Day Shift) to support the multi-organ (kidney, pancreas, heart, lung, VCA) and stem cell transplant programs at Penn Medicine!
- Performing high complexity testing and data analysis including microarray antibody screening, molecular typing (NGS, SSO, RT-PCR) and flow cytometry crossmatching.
- Additional duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to participation in quality assurance activities, test validation and implementation and rotational on-call coverage for STAT testing and donor workups.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s or higher degree in a biological science or a related field.
- A minimum of one year of clinical laboratory experience or HLA Lab experience preferred.
- Computer skills such as the use of databases, excel and computer programming is preferred but not required.
- A current certification as Certified Histocompatibility Technologist (CHT) or Certified Histocompatibility Specialist (CHS) from the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI) is preferred but not required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.