Job ID: 157957
Work Type: MD CCA FT 35+ HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is seeking a full-time OBGYN to join Penn Ob/Gyn located at 800 Walnut St. in Center City. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to join a long-standing, collegial group! Pennsylvania Hospital (PAH) is fully equipped with a Level III NICU, private patient rooms and does over 5,000 deliveries annually. There is labor and delivery coverage 24/7 by our laborist group, with a laborist and additional attending always on service.
PAH has 4 OB/GYN groups, with practice locations in Penn Medicine Washington Square (8th & Walnut), Penn Medicine Valley Forge, Penn Medicine Cherry Hill and Penn Medicine Woodbury Heights in South Jersey. The OB attendings in these groups participate in a common call schedule. Attending physicians also participate in teaching the PAH OB/GYN residents in the inpatient setting and at the resident clinic, Ludmir Center for Women’s Health. There are nurse practitioners, and a large group of nurse midwives that serve the patients at PAH as well. All deliveries and surgeries are performed exclusively at Pennsylvania Hospital.
What you will do:
• Provide full-scope obstetric and gynecologic care
• Perform births in the Pennsylvania Hospital Labor and Delivery Unit
• Provide personal and individualized care to our patients
• Assist in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial and operational targets
• Participate equally in the night shift rotations
• Employee-centric: Penn Medicine is the highest rated academic medical center in the region.
• Market leadership: Penn Medicine hospitals have been named among the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
• Committed to patient-centered care: Our practices are in the 90th percentile of Press Ganey’s “Likelihood to recommend” scores…and climbing!
• PAH is first in the region and one of only 58 hospitals in the country to have received Perinatal Care Certification from the Joint Commission. This certification recognizes our commitment to integrated, coordinated, patient-centered care that supports and maintains the health of mothers and newborns.
Interested candidates can email CV’s directly to Courtney Earp, Penn Medicine Physician recruiter, at [email protected].We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.