Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 162658
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2022
Work Schedule: FT Day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Technician III is a key member of patient-family care team of the Pre Procedural Platform Department. While under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Technician III is responsible for clinical support and customer service standards including reception of patients, families and visitors, administrative, clerical and clinical support.
- Provides care and assistance according to customer service and care standards for emotional needs and activities of daily living needs such as nutrition, hygiene, and elimination.
- Provides patient-family centered care with consideration of appropriate growth and development; cultural and religious needs; and individual preferences.
- Adheres to unit initiatives to support patient safety and care such as maintaining a quiet environment, hourly patient rounds, customer service, falls prevention, etc.
- Accurately and timely processes patient care orders and reports . Communicates priority orders to the responsible RN, department or appropriate individual or department.
- Educates patient and family prior to medical examination and procedures. Prepares supplies and equipment necessary to assist medical providers with procedures.
- Obtains measurements such as vital signs, body weight, and intake and output. Applies cardiac monitoring as directed and performs basic troubleshooting.
- Performs procedures and educates patient and family about procedures such as 12-Lead EKG, IV insertions, phlebotomy, wound care as directed. Applies ice packs, splints, crutch/cane/walker education to patients and families.
- Follows principles of infection control & infection prevention into practice.Uses standard precautions and uses personal protective equipment.
- Collects and labels specimens per protocol including blood, urine, stool, and sputum as directed.
- Uses the appropriate means when transporting, transferring, repositioning or mobilizing patients to best serve the comfort and safety of the patient. Utilizes proper body mechanics and Safe Patient Handling activities.
- Communicates patient flow and pertinent unit information to the responsible RN and interdisciplinary care team in a timely manner.
- Restocks supplies and removes outdated items. Checks, cleans and performs quality controls on equipment according to standard.
- Inventories patient belongings at admission, transfer and discharge.
- Serves as an effective preceptor and mentor for new employees.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Nurse Aid
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 0-1 years Training and/or experience at an acute care facility or student nurse with hospital based clinical experience required.
- Other (Required)
- Successfully completed training and competency validation; and current experience as an Emergency Technician II. Must complete of ED Tech III training program and qualifying competencies.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE