Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Job ID: 156844
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid/Remote
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provides advanced planning, engineering, implementation, monitoring, enhancement and analysis capabilities for cybersecurity computer system(s) and applications that are the responsibility of the Information Services Cybersecurity Group, with the primary goal to keep Penn Medicine patients, employees and data secure while enabling the business to provide world class health care services. The role especially is responsible for the highly technical engineering aspect of the cybersecurity program, with a focus on establishing a skill and practical implementation of tools and technologies.
- Engineers, implements and manages technical cybersecurity controls and countermeasures with a goal of preventing, detecting and eliminating security threats and risk to the organization.
- Identifies opportunistic improvements to the cybersecurity program through feature enhancement, process development/improvement, automation, technology improvements or other innovative means.
- Provides tier III complex engineering analysis and cybersecurity focused support for security hardware solutions, security applications, networks and operating systems.
- Identifies security risks, threats, misconfigurations and vulnerabilities of existing networks, systems, applications and develops solutions to remediate identified threats.
- Acts as a liaison with other engineering groups to ensure that security issues are addressed as systems are being designed and implemented while fully considering enterprise impact to operations teams and obtain their buy-in and support for changes.
- Validates and tests complex security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Independently develops long term results-driven relationships with external parties, vendors, and solution providers.
- Ability to interact with customers and exceed expectations of customer service, with timely responses, clear communications, and consideration for the impact of cybersecurity activities to the enterprise operations.
- Develops, implements, enforces and communicates security policies and/or plans for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
- Provides complex technical oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of Information Technology experience (Required)
- Demonstrated experience in security research, seminar/conference, writing or community leadership (Preferred)
- Experience with security standards and frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST, etc. (Preferred)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas
- Ability to communicate with internal and external constituents
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from others
- Ability to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical persons
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Ability to implement process improvements
- Ability to work within deadline and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to provide project management for enterprise implementations
- Ability to learn new technical skills, applications, and processes
- Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems
- Knowledge of cybersecurity system applications
- Knowledge of Mac OS or Windows operating systems
- Strong understanding of the foundations of computer science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE