This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 164035
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner to work the day shift.
• Provides direct and indirect care, under the direct supervision of and in collaboration with the Supervising Physician for patient in Princeton Medicine.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides direct and indirect care to Princeton Medicine patients.
2. Review patient history with the patient and performs physical examination documenting significant findings.
3. Document significant findings as related to patient complaints and formalize the treatment plan.
4. Reviews treatment plan with the patient and documents same in the patient medical record.
5. Completes and reviews Medication Reconciliation form with patient and provides the patient a copy.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Client/patient problem resolution regarding medical issues.
2. Consultants with supervising physician on an as needed basis.
3. Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the practice; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the practice, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
4. Maintains standards of confidentiality.
5. Maintains all applicable New Jersey State and Federal Licenses.
6. Performs work accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely manner, and in accordance with departmental and Princeton Medicine standards. Identifies problems and handles/refers them/offers suggestions for resolution.
7. Maintains a positive, collaborative approach and positive relationships with others. Supports Princeton Medicine initiatives and change efforts.
8. Age-Specific Knowledge & Skills – Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department.
9. Participates in Princeton Medicine compliance as related to established standards and completes, in a timely manner.
10. Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Advanced Nurse Practice Degree from an accredited nursing school and all of the education required to have achieved such a degree
Related Work Experience
• Previous experience in a health care setting
• Knowledge and awareness of hospital structure, medical terminology, and coding.
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Can additional experience substitute for education? If “yes”, specify type of experience (i.e. supervisory or nonsupervisory, etc) and identify how many years of additional experience:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• New Jersey State RN/Advanced Nurse Practitioner Required
• American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification / License
• Have or be in the process of obtaining DEA and NJ Controlled Dangerous Substances licensesWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.