Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Office Manager - Princeton House Behavioral Health Outpatient Programs
Job ID: 163108
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, 40 hours per week
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This position serves as an adjunct to the Director of Outpatient Services, providing administrative oversight of support staff functions in Princeton House Behavioral Health’s outpatient centers in Princeton, NJ, including functions related to customer service, patient sign-in and registration, time-of-service collections, time keeping system, charge posting, fee reductions, claim denial research, medical record management, and audit procedures. Position requires training and managing support staff in all of the above functions.
The position requires collaboration with Office Manager Supervisor, Patient Financial Services, IT, Utilization Management, Admissions and clinical team to ensure accurate and timely revenue cycle operations.
1. Patient Registration
- Ensure timely and accurate patient pre-registration, sign –in, activation and re-registration in accordance with system processes.
2. Charge Posting
- Maintain integrity of charge posting sheets for all units in the site under the direction of Office Coordinator Supervisor.
- Oversee timely and accurate posting of charges by support staff in all relevant systems.
- Review daily charge audit report and ensure timely error correction by support staff.
- Implement and oversee procedures for time-of-service collections in all units.
- Ensure deposits are made in accordance with PHCS policy and that appropriate supporting documentation is provided to PHCS.
- Work with patients to process fee reductions, payment plans and COBRA applications.
- Maintain denial database to enhance revenue collection. Collaborate with Patient Financial Services, Utilization Management, and Office Coordinator Supervisor to research denials as well as make appropriate corrections to registrations and charge posting.
- Review DNFB file on regular basis and ensure staff make timely corrections in accordance to PHCS policies.
- Coordinate with site management team to ensure staff is utilizing current financial billing criteria.
4. Medical Records
- Supervise medical record maintenance from patient registration to discharge, including all scanning activities for active and closed charts.
- Provide oversight of medical record audit process and medical record requests. In collaboration with director, ensures that site is in compliance with policies and procedures in this area.
5. Administrative Responsibilities
- Manage office supplies within budgeted parameters.
- Manage petty cash.
- Manage electronic time keeping system including staff schedules, swipes, and MyTime entry.
- Process all purchase orders and check requests under the direction of the site director.
- Serve as point of contact for minor repairs at the facility.
- Serve as point of contact for lunch vendor.
- Process IT requests as needed.
- Work with site management team and Office Manager supervisor to improve front end processes.
- Coordinate with management team internal and external to site in order to address complaints.
- In coordination with director, participate in recruitment of new staff.
- Orient and train new employees.
- Provide regular feedback of performance and annually evaluate the performance of support staff.
- Schedule and facilitate support staff meetings.
- Coordinate cross training and cross coverage of staff.
- Ensure Caring Service Principles are followed.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Experience in office operations.
Experienced in customer service.
Experience in managing in an office setting preferred.
- Experience with using Kronos application highly preferred
- Associates degree or higher in a business related field preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE