Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Advanced Practice Provider Consultant
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 159315
Category: Business Process Improvement
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2022
Work Schedule: 7/8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Clinical Care Associates
Department: EHR Transformation
- The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Consultant is responsible for leading and coordinating local and/or enterprise-wide initiatives while leveraging EHR and related technologies to optimize clinical business processes. The APP has an in-depth understanding of, and experience in, the clinical practice environment. Fluent in Provider EHR documentation, the APP also has a basic understanding of patient portals, clinical information exchange, scheduling/ registration workflows, telemedicine, and the associated implications for clinical practice. The APP provides clinical expertise and guidance on enterprise-wide and local initiatives to ensure clinical workflow requirements align-with and promote successful use of technology by providers and other clinicians. Assumes responsibility for leading and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to establish effective decision making for local level and enterprise projects. Identifies, guides and informs end user education and support needs. Leverages technology to support local level and enterprise-wide initiatives. Drives standard processes to reduce variability and risk. Develops and uses analytics to measure improvements/success. This is a position requiring independent thought and judgment with the ability to link enterprise strategy to front line business and clinical operations. Working under limited supervision, this individual will facilitate implementation and adoption of healthcare and associated technology and end user optimization.
- Acts as a clinical subject matter expert providing guidance on appropriate use and implementation of EHR and related technologies to ensure alignment with clinical workflows and requirements.
- Facilitates planning and execution of enterprise and local-level strategic optimization projects.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to advise on the design of and provide delivery of clinical PennChart and technology-related education to support enterprise-wide and local programs.
- Provides clinical guidance and context for quality, regulatory and patient safety initiatives.
- Promotes EHR and related technology solutions and processes that are clinically safe, efficient and effective.
- Incorporates a patient-centered approach with EHR and related technology clinical/ business process improvements.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to inform, design, implement and ensure adoption of EHR and related technology solutions.
- Promotes implementation of evidence-based and best practices/standards across departments with focus on EHR and related technology improvements to clinical/business processes and documentation.
- Participates in and informs enterprise EHR governance.
- Assures departmental educational readiness for EHR updates and related technology implementations for hospitals/practices.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and deliver strategically important projects through to completion.
- Supports and understands the needs of the client. Is responsive and follows-up with clients timely.
- Communicates timely and appropriate information to the necessary audience.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Works according to the UPHS Mission Statement.
- Completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Advances change and innovative approaches to work.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master's Degree (Required), preferably in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Required)
- 3+ years of APP experience in a clinical practice setting (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Experience using EPIC provider documentation
- Experience in medical office and/ or hospital clinical operations.
- Experience coordinating and/or leading efforts to improve and integrate clinical operations with the use of technology
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE