Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Full Time- Evening Shift (12pm-8:30pm)
- The Lead Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient is responsible for helping to manage the day-to-day pharmacy activities of the assigned area. As the experienced technician, the Lead Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient will provide orientation, training and performance feedback during all new pharmacy technicians' and interns' introductory period. This will include, but not be limited to, operational and organizational performance expectations, departmental and organizational policies and procedures. The Lead will also ensure to bridge gaps between theory and practice for technicians and interns new to the organization.
- The Lead Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient partners with the pharmacist in ensuring seamless and accurate patient care services is provided to all clients and patients. Key responsibilities will include ensuring all medications being delivered are scanned upon leaving the pharmacy, ensuring timeliness of all medication deliveries, ensuring accuracy of all medications filled, standardizing workflow between all shifts, ensuring Omnicell refill medications are pulled and machines refilled in a timely manner, and managing and posting the following schedules on a daily basis: technician cart exchange schedule, pharmacist checking schedule, technician and intern workflow schedule. The Lead Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient will work closely with the department scheduler to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all of the schedules.
- Coordinates all the activities within the assigned area and assists in rolling out and collecting required metrics for all management initiatives to pharmacy staff.
- Maintains knowledge of all technician service lines and covers each service line when needed and assists supervisors with data productivity of technician roles.
- Provides an innovative, professional and positive work environment to engage staff to achieve the highest quality of patient care.
- Responsible for training of newly hired technicians and interns and managing yearly compliance and competencies with technician staff for knowledge links, Lawson requirements, new programs, policies, and processes.
- Works closely with the department scheduler to ensure the scheduling and placement of technician and intern staff including call outs and other coverage on a daily basis.
- Responsible to cover absences if other coverage cannot be found will cover a modified service line to allow time for previously outlined functions.
- Works closely with Technician Educator, Lead Pharmacists and the Pharmacy Operations Manager to achieve overall objectives of the inpatient pharmacy department and health system initiatives.
- Leads periodic technician and intern meetings in conjunction with Pharmacy Operations Manager and performs quality assurance checks of pharmacy technician documentation and duties to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Technician Certification (CPhT) required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience pharmacy experience
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR CURRENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.