Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 161102
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2022
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Senior Secretary performs essential / administrative duties in the Department. Assist the administrative and clinical staff in maintaining a patient/customer focus, supports the delivery of the highest quality care, shares a passion for patient and customer centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial and operational targets. This position will also be responsible for maintaining and coordinating schedules, handling the scheduling for administrative meetings, travel arrangements, and reimbursements. Ensure that all administrative practices are addressed. Triages, schedules and processes new and return patient inquires. Serves as clinic and administrative secretary to assigned physicians. Serves as coverage partner to other practice Medical Secretaries. Assists clinical and administrative staff as needed.
- Provides quality customer service to patients, visitors and UPHS employees, exercising courtesy and professionalism at all times.
- Performs patient preoperative phone calls in an efficient but courteous and professional manner.
- Takes accurate and complete messages; ensures follow through for patient inquiries
- Gives and receives correct information or materials to/from the public as needed or requested.
- Performs and documents accurately in electronic logs ensuring completion of preop phone calls; follows through with unresolved issues and performs a comprehensive handoff at the end of their assigned shift.
- Sets up, organizes and maintains orderly files and record keeping systems.
- Assists patients in rescheduling appointments as requested; redirects clinical questions that are not within scope of practice.
- Reviews electronic medical records in a systematic and timely fashion, inspecting charts to ensure completeness, providing accurate feedback in a timely fashion and within established time guidelines.
- Utilizes multiple electronic information systems including but not limited to EPIC and its interfaces to retrieve and review patient information.
- Avoids crisis through systematic planning and follow through
- Organizes work activity around meal breaks assuring adequate coverage.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required and 3+ years of experience.
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Associate's Degree and 0-1 years of prior experience navigating EPIC. Computer coursework and medical terminology preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE