Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 162317
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provides proper transportation techniques to ensure the efficient transport of patients in a safe and professional manner.
- Performs patient transportation services using stretcher, wheelchair, wheeled-bed, or morgue stretcher following specific instructions of transportation dispatcher, nurse, or Administrative Coordinator.
- Responsible for pick-up and delivery of patient's chart to and from unit with each patient transport.
- Assists nursing staff in transferring patient from bed, wheelchair, or stretcher, and assists in patient ambulation upon request.
- Keeps log of daily assignments and accurately documents patient transport activity on the electronic medical record.
- Checks patient identification to assure transport of correct patients 100% of the time. Reports noted discrepancies to nurse in charge immediately, prior to transport.
- Reports any problems or difficulties encountered in the performance of their duties immediately to Transportation Dispatcher and documenting these difficulties.
- Reports any problems with patients to nurse, Staffing Office Supervisor, and/or Dispatcher.
- Responsible for properly cleaning transportation equipment following a patient transport. Responsible for maintaining patient transportation equipment and reporting defective equipment.
- Demonstrates effective communication with radio and/or phone to report transport status.
- Demonstrates caring and respect in daily interaction with staff, patients and families
- Assists the Staffing Office Assistant in the orientation of new employees as requested.
- Uses safety measures such as; side rails raised, patient positioned properly, etc., while transporting patients. Maintains safety measures during all transports.
- Assists funeral directors with the removal of bodies from the morgue as requested.
- Assists with the movement, storage, and monitoring of oxygen tanks within the hospital and during patient transports.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff both within and outside the Central Transport Department, to develop effective means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Maintains standards of privacy and confidentiality.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Crisis Prevention Instute Cert (Required)
- CPI within the First 90 days
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Heart-Saver CPR within First 90 days
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School education or equivalent, ability to read, write, and speak English
Previous experience in a health care setting preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE