Job ID: 162586
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Dec 11, 2022
Work Schedule: Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a per diem RN for the night shift.
SCU (Surgical Care Unit) is a 36 bed medical-surgical unit with a specialized focus on patients receiving inpatient surgical interventions. A portion of the unit, the Jim Craigie Center for Joint Replacement, is a dedicated use area for total hip and knee replacement patients. Nurses on SCU will provide pre and post-operative care for patients recovering from a variety of surgical procedures (hip fractures, spinal surgery, other orthopedic surgeries, bariatrics, various abdominal surgeries, breast surgeries, urological interventions, etc.) Nursing care on SCU includes an emphasis on patient and family education to ensure clear expectations and optimal outcomes during surgical recovery, both in the hospital and at home.
The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Clinical Nurse 2 position description.
The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague exhibits PMPH organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly.
The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork (Definitions listed below).
The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients.
The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague seeks feedback in assuming leadership roles and provides feedback for improved clinical practice. The nurse demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, and goals and the care delivery system. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures. Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing or in pursuit of a BSN
Related Work Experience
• Greater than 15 months professional nursing experience
• Can additional experience substitute for education? If “yes”, specify type of experience (i.e. supervisory or nonsupervisory, etc) and identify how many years of additional experience:
• A registered nurse with an Associate’s Degree with greater than 5 years of clinical experience in a clinical specialty may be considered.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Active New Jersey Registered Nurse License (required prior to first day of hire) required
• Basic Life Support Certification (required prior to first day of hire) required
• National Nursing Certification preferredWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.