This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 162547
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
|Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Full-Time Unit Secretary for our Critical Care Unit in Plainsboro, NJ.|
This is an evening opportunity during the week 3p-11p and a 12hr day shift, 7a-7p, every other weekend.
The Unit Secretary functions as a receptionist, conducts specific clerical duties for the unit and provides administrative support to the Nurse Manager/ Assistant Nurse Manager by coordinating a variety of operational activities.
Job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Maintains the nurses station in a quiet and orderly manner, and directs visitors as necessary.
• Transcribes direct admission physician-written orders into the EMR and forward them to RNs review queue
• Alerts the charge nurse to any order, which requires immediate attention.
• Organizes and maintains the patient charts and follows the chart copying procedure for patients being transferred.
• Coordinates admissions and transfers and facilitates discharge arrangements by contacting the contracted ambulance provider and adheres to established protocols.
• Able to order patient care and non-patient care items via Lawson and Office Max and forms from AE Litho
• Process check requests and invoices for the department and ensure the payment is received in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates knowledge of department equipment, including printer/fax machines, Getwell, WestCall, Cisco phones, and computer.
• Place work order service requests via on-line service portals for engineering and IT issues. Notification of Biomed dept of broken equipment such as vital sign machines, IV pumps, bladder scanner, Masimo monitors, and doppler.
• High school diploma or equivalent - required
• Unit Secretary, Hospital experience preferred
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Clerical as well as computer skills.
• Able to read and write English and communicate fluently in English.
• Interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, ability to work as a team member, and organizational skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.