Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead Epic Application Analyst – Population Health
Job ID: 151001
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 13, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Penn Medicine is looking for an Epic Application Lead for the Population Health team. The Population Health team focuses on developing new functionality in the Epic EMR system related to population health and value based care initiatives and supports integration with third party systems including ePrescribing, vaccine integration, interoperability, and other electronic workflows. This role will focus on development and leadership of a skilled team of application analysts that work directly with the ambulatory physician lead and other physician builders to explore and implement technical solutions that add efficiencies in use of the EMR for clinical care and meet objectives for the health system. Responsibilities also includes coordination of Clinical Decision Support and coordination Health Maintenance changes. Applicants must be able to work directly with our highly knowledgeable and motivated clinical and operational end users, comprehend the issues and challenges of EMR usage within a large healthcare system, and develop clear options to guide decisions towards effective solutions.
- The Lead Epic Application Analyst will be responsible for enhancing, supporting, and maintaining an application within the UPHS health system.
- Responsibilities include leading a team of individuals through an application project, providing instruction on various technical topics to other team members, educating/training new hires, managing an application project through the entire project life cycle while meeting project deadlines and initiatives, and monitoring a project plan while reporting project changes and status to administration.
- Lead team members on optimization of the application through development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects.
- Serve as the resource for other application team members on technical and functional application analysis, defining system requirements, and developing logical date models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity.
- Work with cross functional teams and UPHS clients by providing education on system functionality, and configuration of new tools to increase end user productivity within the application.
- Ensure system changes follow change management procedures and protocols, create and maintain all documentation for all assigned applications, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications.
- Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (Required).
- Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved Bachelor's degree program.
- At least 3 years of related experience (Required).
- Experience in healthcare IT (Preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution.
- Ability to effectively implement and manage projects and personnel
- Knowledge of basic hardware configurations, database management tools and query language
- Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes
- Ability to interact with all levels of healthcare personnel to include: IT management staff, consulting staff, clinicians, clinical administrators, etc.
- Clinical applications experience in either an application support or implementation role preferred.
- Strong with process improvement and project management skills
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment preferred
- Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE