Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 164333
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 13, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Periop Receptionist must be able to interface with multiple healthcare professional and the public. Some of the major responsibilities will include presenting information accurately, coordinating flow through the department, prompt response to requests from OR, Endo Suite and other departments. (Endoscopy Suite - Perelman)
- Perform a variety of office activities in support of departmental functions:
- Organize supplies, ensuring adequate quantities are available to meet office demands while staying within budget.
- Operate office equipment accurately and keep equipment stocked with supplies to ensure correct operation.
- Answer telephones promptly and courteously. Record and relay messages promptly; respond to inquiries.
- Pick up and/or deliver mail, supplies, charts, and ether items in a timely manner.
- Greet patients and families as they arrive, coordinate flow through the department.
- Keep others informed of progress on work activities to ensure efficient coordination of interrelated activities. Keep Manager informed of issues or concerns. Use work time efficiently and effectively.
- Display self-motivating techniques, need no follow up reminders.
- Give and receive information necessary for patient processing and registration.
- Prompt and courteous transport of properly identified material in accordance with department procedure.
- Complete log of patient status accurately.
- Anticipate patients concerns and needs by asking do they need assistance as required.
- Respond promptly and follow through to meet patient needs as requited.
- Preserve confidentiality, privacy, dignity of patients, families, and visitors according to hospital policy.
- Enter data accurately and correctly using proper procedure. Verify that data is accurate and complete.
- Provide prompt and courteous response to the requests of the OR, Endoscopy Suite, and other departments to which patients are transfered.
- Duplicate documents making clear, quality copies.
- Review incoming documents or forms to verify information is correct and complete.
- Obtain additional information when forms are incomplete or incorrect, and update records accordingly.
- Select appropriate forms and documents to use in conducting departmental business.
- Maintain effective coordination of activities with others (Nursing staff and Managers) to accomplish work activities and departmental goals.
- Develop and maintain contact with others to plan and coordinate interrelated activities effectively.
- Maintain efficient work flow by making timely requests to others and responding quickly to requests.
- Keep others informed of progress on work activities to ensure efficient coordination of activities.
- Create and maintain accurate records, files, and logs needed for departmental records; record and
- update information accurately and in a timely manner.
- FHe and retrieve records and other materials in a systematic, orderly fashion, Inspecting records to ensure correctness.
- Update and purge data as needed to maintain current files and/or records.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Basic business skills.
Familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE