Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Technical Analyst
Job ID: 124677
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 15, 2022
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for creating and delivering technical resolutions to create workflow, process design and programming solutions to business problems. Provides technical expertise to ensure that the design, implementation and end results meet the business requirements. Utilizes strong analytical, programming and communication skills to balance technical and business objectives to improve quality outcomes.
- Provides support for new and renewal service contracts working closely with IS Finance, Purchasing and Vendors.
- Responsible for daily monitoring, maintaining a high degree of performance, coordinating system behaviors, using existing and creating new tools for managing multiple environments.
- Maintains, creates, and monitors databases.
- Creates and implements project plans and routinely communicate status of work.
- Ensures system integrity of the application.
- Assists in the education and training of new hires and other team members and be available as a resource for the team.
- Identifies problem definitions and make recommendations regarding refinements and decisions throughout the product life cycle.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning, testing and be available off hours for production support.
- Attends planning and status meetings with key client personnel to understand project requirements and communicate our implementation methodology to the client.
- Ensures information system functionality meets all clinical and business requirements of Integration and UPHS organization.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- 3+ years of Information Technology experience is required
- Healthcare IT experience is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic hardware configurations and database management tools
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE