Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Training Develop Specialist
Job ID: 161760
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 15, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for development of curriculums for training classes for Epic Resolute Professional Billing, Epic Resolute Hospital Billing and Microsoft Applications. They will conduct classroom and non-classroom educational outreach to Resolute Billing end users. Additionally, the Training and Development Specialist will review randomly selected transactions from Epic APM to determine the accuracy of transactions across Penn Medicine and incorporate findings into the lesson plans for classroom/e-learning end-user training.
- Effectively plan, prioritizes and organizes own time and resources to achieve organizational results
- In collaboration with CCA develops Resolute PB training curriculum and all related materials including lesson plans, End User Guides and Tips and Tricks
- Develop specific materials and manuals to support Patient Accounting operations and employees
- Conducts non-classroom educational outreach to Resolute PB/HB/HH/HSP end user community
- Responsible for course creation and end, Microsoft Office and other systems and software used by Pt Accounting staff
- Facilitate and develop training programs for customer service, team building, etc.
- Monitors staff compliance by reviewing randomly selected transactions in Resolute PB to ensure the accurate posting of voids, reversals, charges, adjustments, payments and denials, etc.
- Ensures that PennChart billing workflows are followed by all of Penn Medicine according to WCDs and agreed upon policies and procedures
- Maintains and updates SharePoint files with all training material
- Reviews and updates Knowledge Link to make sure the courses are identifiable, schedules are correct, and rosters are accurate
- Responsible for supporting billing training schedules
- Acts as a resource for questions regarding PennChart billing processes and interpretation of policy
- Maintains Epic certification and as required attends application training
- Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of how the Epic system is used for physician billing
- Maintains excellent knowledge base of billing requirements of the various third-party insurance carriers to ensure optimal use of Resolute PB/HB
- Acquires and maintains expert knowledge of Epic Billing and, Microsoft applications to determine how these systems can best be utilized to support the needs of Patient Accounting.
- Evaluates staff progress and makes recommendations as required
- Collaborates with other Training Facilitators to ensure that recurring data entry and policy errors are addressed in the various modules
- Responsible for the build and maintenance of the training data load in Epic
- Responsible for the build of training patients and scenarios in MST
- Investigates and follows through to resolution Athena Tickets for the Revenue Cycle Practice Operations Queue
- Provides go-live support to facilitate a smooth transition from new department implementation to ongoing support
- Obtains Revenue Cycle expertise from American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) through certifications, webinars, and meetings to assist in coaching and examination proctoring
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- H.S. Diploma/GED is required (Bachelor's Degree in Health care or business administration is preferred)
- 2+ years of progressively responsible positions in a multi-specialty physician billing operation is required
- Working knowledge of billing operational procedures, charge entry, payment posting and data entry processes related to pro-fee billing is required
- Extensive knowledge of computerized physician billing systems, preferably Epic is required
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
- EPIC PB certification or Credential Trainer status
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to use Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to use Microsoft Word
- Ability to use critical thinking to analyze curriculum for enhancements
Centre Square West Tower- 1500 Market Street
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE