Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Supervisor- Perioperative Support Services
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 165752
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Perioperative Support Services at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a Full-Time 1st Shift Supervisor:
- At the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Perlman Center for Advanced Medicine, Environmental Services Staff Supervisor is responsible for following all duties assigned by the manager. The Environmental Services Staff Supervisor has direct supervision of all activities of the Environmental Services Staff on all shifts. Helps to manage and oversee, hire, fire, train and schedule staff. Provides assigned management, direction and support relating to perioperative cleaning areas. Maintains master file of all documents used by environmental services staff. Plans and implements approved procedures related to cleaning and support functions. Acts as a liaison between Hospital Environmental Services and Perioperative Services. Assumes lead role in TJC preparation of environment of care. Responsible for Human Resource compliance, including payroll, leave of absence, workman's compensation and consistent application of hospital policies.
- Primary supervision for all of the PeriOperative Environmental Services Employees. Area of responsibility approximately 219,553 square feet incudes:
- HUP PeriOp - 32 OR's s, 3 Labor and Delivery OR's, PreOp, PACU, Ground White, Instrument Processing and Scope Processing, Staff Lounge and locker areas, Flyers-Sixers theater
- Cath/EP – 2 Cath labs and 5 EP rooms, Cardiac Recovery Unit, Staff Lounge and locker areas
- Perelman Surgi Centre – 8 OR's Pre and Post Op Units, Instrument Processing, Staff Lounge and locker areas, Cardiac cath and cardiac biopsy suites
- Perelman Endoscopy Center – 10 procedure rooms, Pre and Post Op Units – Scope Processing, GI practice
- Major areas of focus include: Daily and project cleaning, floor care for all departments, contaminated and municipal waste collection and removal, policing schedule for all patient and staff areas, detailed cleaning projects for survey readiness and construction projects, daily cleaning of entire department.
- Directly responsible for the supervision of the staff who perform daily and project cleaning across the entire department.
- Work with technical officer on duty to address employee performance issues that occur
- Maintain a flexible work schedule in order to help provide assistance on day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts as needed.
- Direct supervision of the staff who perform daily and project cleaning across the entire department
- Emphasize a culture of service excellence
- Audit work process for EVS staff for quality improvement
- Respond to requests for service from ALL staff in a professional and cooperative manner (anesthesia, surgeons, nurses, etc.) to meet patient care needs and the environmental needs of the department
- Interface with internal and external customers – patient care units, physical plant, clinical engineering, materials management, regulatory office, etc.
- Match staffing patterns to department operational needs
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Business or Related field And 2+ years Experience in a healthcare setting, specifically an OR setting. (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED And 5+ years Experience in a healthcare setting, specifically an OR setting (Required)
- Supervisory experience 0-1 year supervisory experience (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE