Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assistant Team Manager - Penn Medicine at Home
Job ID: 165439
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2022
Work Schedule: Full time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Assistant Team Manager is responsible for assisting the Penn Medicine Home Health (PMHH) Team Manager with the clinical operations of a home health team. In this role the Assistant Team Manager will provide support to the clinical staff. The Assistant Team Manager will function to support clinical operations and the provision of care delivery. He/She will review clinical documentation and participate in other quality and regulatory activates. The Assistant Team Manager will be responsible for conducting team interdisciplinary care meetings, co-leading team meeting, and assisting staff with day to day operations regarding patient care. The Assistant Team Manager will also have administrative on call duties for PMHH.
- Communicates to staff the importance of patient satisfaction, our success and priorities for improving Caring Way performance, and for exceeding customer expectations. Observes staff services skills and coaches to improve performance.
- Delivers patient and customer service seamlessly. Ensures patient/customer/family safety, confidentiality, and security is considered at all times. Complies with identified service standards.
- Ensures patient/customer satisfaction. Identifies and anticipates individual patient/customer special and diverse needs and assures that they are accommodated. Modifies interactions to satisfy needs. Takes action to make up for lapses in service.
- Provides oversite for clinical staff on the team that includes the following:
- Clinical staff case management & direct clinical care
- Regulatory compliance
- Review of new product and services
- Clinical development with emphasis on new staff
- Coordinate orientation activities between team and Education Department
- Assist with training of clinical documentation system and related features and functions
- Ensures appropriate follow up of major issues
- Manage routine and crisis communication throughout the department as they arise
- Participates in the selection, career development, and annual performance review of their staff and peers as requested
- In collaboration with other team members proactively promotes efforts to improve cost effective quality patient care
- Address performance issues immediately and directly
- Ensure continuous survey readiness
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met. Ensures effective utilization of materials, staff, and financial resources. Reviews and monitors quality data and assists director in creating action plans to meet quality goals. Fosters the continual integration of research and education activities into clinical and operational processes.
- Provides patient care/case management to a small group of patients as a method of ensuring clinical competency. Manages safety processes.
- Collaborates with all IDT members in the design of a plan of care for patient/family through participation in regulatory scheduled IDT meetings and intermittent contacts as indicated by need
- Systematically collect data that is comprehensive, accurate, and current. Use assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Apply knowledge of pain control and symptom management appropriately
- Provide hospice and palliative nursing care to patients through regularly scheduled visits and on-call visits as assigned
- Understand, facilitate, and document the elements and processes of ethical decision making for patient/family
- Continuously update and adjust care via best-practice standards as reflected in nursing actions which are consistent with recognized nursing theories
- Teach and counsel family members and patients regarding total pain and appropriate interventions
- Assist with setting customer focused performance expectations by creating performance plans with clearly articulated goals and measures. Provides access to needed information and resources. Provides ongoing constructive and appreciative feedback.
- Builds staff alignment and commitment to UPHS Mission by translating strategies into action plans, expectations, and performance standards. Ensures that staffing and schedule provides safe and effective care.
- Shares resources and collaborates with fellow team members to ensure patients and other customers’ needs are met. Enlist the support of other departments in maintaining the performance of existing systems and resources.
- Works with clinical departments, UPHS partners, and suppliers to develop programs, services, and change initiatives that anticipate future customer needs. Establishes improvement priorities and sponsors improvement activities within Caring Way. Assists nurses in rapid and effective implementation of best practices.
- BLS/CPR as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association (Required)
- Driver's License, Car, Car Insurance (Required)
- Currently licensed as a nurse (RN) or allied health professional (PT/OT/SLP) in the state of Pennsylvania (Required)
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Allied Health Care (PT/OT/SLP) AND 4+ years Healthcare and/or Nursing overall experience. (Required)
- 3+ years Progressive health care experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE