Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Associate Director, Patient Experience
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 166465
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Associate Director, Patient Experience is responsible and accountable for all aspects of Patient Experience at HUP including: Program development, Management of all Ambassador teams- including growing the unit-based Ambassador program, oversight and growth of family caregiver visitation and assisting Director of Patient and Family Relations with daily departmental operations. The Senior Patient Experience Manager also aids the Patient and Family Relations Department with complaints, grievances and service recovery in alignment with CMS, TJC, Magnet and other regulatory agencies. This role serves as the data expert for the Patient and Family Relations team, and must have the ability to track and trend data and develop quality improvement initiatives to improve patient experience as needed.
- Assess current staffing levels, posts, and coverage of the all Ambassador Teams
- Leads Ambassador program development
- Collaborates frequently with nursing leadership to ensure HUP visitation is safe and equitable while balancing individual patient/family needs
- 24/7 accountability for Ambassador Teams, including Lead Ambassadors (scheduling, staffing, emergencies, etc…)
- Routinely partners with Quality and Safety, Security, Entry Screening and other Teams on Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Establishes and maintains policies and guidelines to support patient experience
- Provides mentorship and development opportunities for Ambassador
- Adheres to CMS, TJC, Magnet and other regulations regarding service recovery, complaints and grievances.
- Maintains fiscal oversight and responsibility for Ambassador teams budgets
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing or other related clinical field and 5+ years related experience or a Master's Degree Nursing or other related clinical field and 3+ years’ Experience in related role is required
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
- Nursing or other clinical field
- CPXP Certifications
Required Skills and Abilities
- Effective project management and program development skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Effectiveness managing people and teams
- Leading through influence across teams
- Effective program development skills
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills required
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Effective conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates the highest level of customer service and can interact effectively with front line staff, physicians, senior leaders, physician leadership and managers/supervisors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of personal skill sets
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information
Position Address: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania- 3400 Spruce St
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE