Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Respiratory Therapist - Full time days- Pennsylvania Hospital- $10,000 sign on
Job ID: 166452
Category: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 28, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide respiratory care to patients. Respiratory Care Practitioners shall maintain population specific competence to care for the neonate through geriatric patient. The RCP demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on the physical, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs of the patient. The Respiratory Care Practitioner complies with all rules and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies. The RCP shall complete continuing education to maintain compliance with the State of Pennsylvania licensure regulations and credentialing compliance with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) to maintain active credentials. This job requires registration with the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a prerequisite. No minimum experience required to enter and no limit on time spent at this level.
- RCP practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide respiratory care to patients.
- RCP shall maintain population specific competence to care for the neonate through geriatric patient.
- RCP demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on the physical, cultural educational and age-specific needs of the patient. Demonstrates sound judgment characterized by response based & proactive practice. Performs systemic patient assessment relevant to practice setting.
- Performs assessment in consideration of patient progress towards goals.
- Interprets & integrates data from various sources into plan of care.
- Refers to evidence-based principles & clinical practice guidelines to ensure application of appropriate therapy.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care provided & adapts care based on patient response. Recognizes changes in patient condition which requires a change in the plan of care.
- Initiates preventative measures to avoid potential problems. Demonstrates competence in clinical modalities/procedures per Respiratory Policy/Procedure manual. Recognizes & addresses clinical concerns to ensure patient safety.
- Suggest/initiates alternative care approaches to achieve desired outcomes.
- Advocates for the best plan of care for the patient.
- Coordinates care with the multi-displinary team to address patient needs (clinical rounds).
- Delegates shift activities based on skills and strengths of staff.
- Asserts self with tact when dealing with other members of the healthcare team.
- Assumes preceptor role as needed.
- Participates in professional peer review process and offers constructive feedback for development of peers.
- Respiratory Therapist (Required)
- State of Pennsylvania Respiratory Care License required.
Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
State of PA license and all NBRC credentials are to be active and maintained per the rules and regulations of the State of PA and the NBRC continuing competency requirements.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- ACLS (if Critical Care-primary RT) recommended and NRP (ICN staff) certification required within 6 months of hire (NRP requirement effective 12/31/15).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S Diploma/GED Required.
- Other (Required)
- Graduate of Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredited Respiratory Care program.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE