Job ID: 162087
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Berwyn, PA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Position provides supply chain support to include medical supply par stocking, medical equipment par stocking, equipment decontamination and linen par stocking. Delivers as needed supplies, equipment, and linen in an expeditious manner. Retrieves soiled equipment and delivers to central decontamination. Maintains accuracy of perpetual inventory (Lawson) system by insuring issued supplies are charged out to using department. Communicates problems and concerns to management. Follows regulatory standards pertaining to appropriate infection control techniques when cleaning equipment. Checks preventative maintenance dates on patient equipment and delivers to Clinical Engineering devices needing service.
Required Education and Experience:
- Highschool Diploma/G.E.D is required
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience within a healthcare support service setting preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Clinical knowledge of healthcare operations is preferred
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from others required
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff required
- Demonstrated customer service skills required
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills required
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions required
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English required
- Ability to utilize computer software required
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations required
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.