This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 146914
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day shift, rotating weekends required.
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a full-time Med Tech to work day shift within the microbiology lab.
Join Penn Medicine Princeton – a fun place to work where the best technologists come to build on each other’s talents and provide state of the art laboratory services to our patients. The laboratory is clean, bright and housed in a beautiful new hospital that offers free onsite parking and other amenities. The laboratory currently focuses on microbiology but will allow you to build your skills in chemistry, hematology and blood bank. Flexible hours are available and you can chose to work five eight-hour shifts, or four ten-hour shifts. Make the move that will advance your clinical laboratory knowledge and apply today.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
1. Performs and interprets basic and advanced technical procedures on clinical specimens and completes required quality control activities.
2. Maintains equipment, reagents and other supplies to ensure the quality and accuracy of test procedures. Perform preventive maintenance and performance checks on departmental equipment.
3. Identifies the cause, determines the solution and resolves the problems or refers it to the appropriate levels. Interfaces with staff to provide assistance in the resolution of problems.
4. Provides instruction and training to other staff members, including new staff members and students.
5. Complies with safety policies and procedures in the work area, including applicable personal protective equipment.
6. Capable of communicating effectively with interdisciplinary hospital staff including medical and nursing personnel. Includes reporting results, replying to technical questions, and logistical matters under the direction of the section supervisor.
*HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE - UP TO $10K*- COMPETITVE NEW RATES!
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical, biological or laboratory science/medical technology science required
• Previous experience in a microbiology laboratory
• MT (ASCP or NCA), MLS(ASCP), or previously qualified as Medical Technologist prior to 2/28/92 under 42CFR493.1427 (3/14/90)
• Proven ability to work with related complex automated instrumentation
• Required to function with complex automated instrumentation and report results in writing and by telephone.
• Incumbent must be capable of working under periods of moderate pressure and emergency situations, particularly as they relate to STAT/RUSH request orders.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.