Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 166964
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Ambassador Supervisor supports the department by overseeing the daily operational flow of the Ambassador team. This role embraces the various scheduling, staffing and coverage needs of the Patient and Guest Relations department, including, but not limited to, the Ambassadors (unit-based, desk, outside, etc.), particularly during the evening shift. Delivers on our promise to provide a high quality and supportive welcome to all visitors, patients and families. This position is responsible for greeting and responding to the needs of the patients, visitors and families they encounter by providing information and assistance in a timely manner.
- Assess current staffing levels, posts, and coverage of the Patient and Guest Relations department across HUP, the Pavilion, and PCAM, including (but not limited to) the Ambassadors (unit-based, desk, outside, etc.).
- Prepare and distribute weekly staff schedules to ensure seamless coverage and provide to management
- Remain readily available by telephone to assist with call outs and real-time adjustments to shift coverage
- Edit and adjust staffing daily, and as needed, to maintain department operations without interruption
- Works with the Patient Experience Operations team to establish and maintain policies and guidelines to support patient experience
- Assists staff in addressing challenges and skill deficits, while providing guidance and support to team members
- Provides mentorship and development opportunities for Ambassadors and Lead Ambassadors
- Ensures new hires are provided adequate orientation and training to display competence
- Adheres to CMS, TJC, Magnet and other regulations regarding service recovery, complaints and grievances
- In the absence of the Associate Director, Patient Experience, is responsible for the operations of the Ambassador Teams, including Lead Ambassadors, particularly during evening shifts
- Review, edit, approve all timecards bi-weekly; review overtime utilization and manage appropriately, manage employee schedules and time off requests in conjunction with Associate Director, Patient Experience
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree and 4+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
***Bachelor's Degree may be considered in lieu of experience
Required Skills and Abilities
- Customer Service Skills
- Leading through influence across teams
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills required
- Effective conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates the highest level of customer service and can interact effectively with front line staff, physicians, senior leaders, physician leadership and managers/supervisors
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of personal skill sets
Position Address: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania- 3400 Spruce St
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE