This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 166975
Work Type: FT
Location: Radnor, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Territory will be South Jersey
Office Location: Penn Medicine Radnor, PA
The Physician Liaison is primarily responsible for developing and implementing a marketing and sales plan to grow referrals from providers and/or physician practices to Penn Medicine programs. The Physician Liaison is the primary face of Penn Medicine to referring providers and is responsible for increasing loyalty and preference to Penn Medicine. Responsibilities include understanding key referral relationships, and referring provider needs, and building and supporting relationships, coordinating and acting as a key resource for internal and external clients and identifying new business opportunities with referring practices.
• Understanding of matrixed health system relationships with ability to position opportunities and challenges to effectively facilitate resolution.
• Serve as the market and audience expert, providing actionable intelligence for inclusion into network and program development
• Responsible for identifying and targeting ways of bringing business to Penn Medicine through new and established referring physician relationships using variety of referral data sources.
• Programmatic Expertise - expertise in assigned audiences’ referral pathways and how they apply to different business development needs at different times in the sales cycle
• Message Development - developing skills in applying data and market intelligence to craft audience specific messages to enhance referral opportunities.
• Outreach Communications- Facilitates conversations with providers and effectively prepares providers for conversations for optimal and positive engagement with referral sources.
• Intelligence Communications - Shares intelligence and opportunities in an insightful way that leads and facilitates actionable discussion and actions
• Sales Techniques - regularly engages referring providers with increasingly meaningful engagement with the goals to build new business, establish new relationships and strengthen existing relationships
• Integrates referring physician marketing strategies into sales plans to build business (i.e. facilitates physician roundtables, CME promotion, clinical briefings)
• Uses a variety of clinical and programmatic education materials including article/research reprints, program/service materials, videos, podcasts, clinical briefs, etc., to increase engagement with providers.
Sales Planning & Execution
• Utilizes comprehensive sales skills including pre-call planning, call routing, and messaging funnels to create optimized and efficient sales plans.
• Creates targeted Sales Plans for Physician Outreach with input from key stakeholders and Outreach Director.
• Uses data on a regular basis to help inform messaging and identify opportunities
• Successfully reach target volume goals for Service Line Subspecialty Sales Plans
• Maintain PRM database with daily entry of Physician Outreach activity, issues, opportunities. • Make targeted number of provider contacts per month
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor's Degree Healthcare, business or related field And 5+ years Professional experience with relationship development & business growth in healthcare and/or medical/pharmaceutical sales experience; basic understanding of medical terminology and prior experience working with Healthcare providers REQUIRED
Experience working in an Academic Medical Center Preferred
Daily travel is necessary; valid driver’s license, car availability with appropriate insurance coverage
Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand the needs of internal and external clients and devise ways to bridge these needs to achieve goals
Ability to function independently and achieve results without specific instruction
Ability to be self-motivated and a self-starter, ability to “think on your feet” and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit X Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Ability to work in a matrixed environment
Strong analysis and problem solving skills
Represents Penn Medicine in a consistently professional manner
Ability to work as part of a team X Expertise in the coordination of meeting and events with multiple stakeholders
Strong coordination of personal schedule, timely and reliable management of expense processing
Ability to understand referral data and impact to sales planning
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.