- Cleans and maintains Princeton House buildings and performs a variety of Environmental Services duties, not being limited to any one or specific duty. Always must adhere to infection control and safety standards.
- Sweeps, dusts, dry and wet mops, vacuums, properly utilizes “wet floor” sign, clean vents and televisions.
- Damp dust furniture, bedside cabinets, overbed tables, lamps, window sills, bed mattresses, televisions, telephones, and any other room furniture, always using proper germicide.
- Gathers and disposes of trash, wash wastebaskets, and large refuse containers and replace liners. Dispose of all medical waste according to the Infection Control Manual.
- Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department, collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service
- Performs emergency housekeeping function when assigned.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards
- Met or exceeded EVS departmental HCAHPS score of 80.5
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use Penn Chart and meet the EVS Bed Cleaning Turnaround time of 60 minutes or less.
- Uses proper dilution of germicide when cleaning.
- Spot washes, or wash entire walls, ceilings and inside windows, using proper germicide cleaning solutions (sponge and cloths).
- Performs high dusting, including ceilings, drapes and tops of lockers.
- Wash all beds, mattresses and furniture in rooms.
- Wash lights and light fixtures (over the bed only).
- Clean sinks, toilets, mirrors, and showers.
- Replenishes supply of paper towels, toilet tissues and soap.
- Maintains supply cart by cleaning and stocking properly. Keeps equipment with him/her while working.
- Reports any defective outlets, electrical fixtures or any other MCAP property that is in need of repairs to the supervisor.
- Properly places “wet floor” sign to mark work area.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Preferred)