This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 165116
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health I seeking a pharmacy infusion specialist to work the day shift. This position is part time.
A registered pharmacist who supports a comprehensive and dynamic clinical pharmacy service in the practice of medication infusion at Penn Medicine Princeton Health. Responsibilities include patient assessment, monitoring and drug distribution, financial management of products used at Outpatient Infusion Center and related educational, research and patient care activities to enhance the pharmaceutical care activities of Penn Medicine Princeton Health, while performing these duties in accordance with the New Jersey State Board of Pharmacy, Federal and State Regulatory Agencies, Joint Commission Standards, ASHP practice guidelines and medical center policies and procedures
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assumes responsibility for coordinating the operation of the Outpatient Infusion Pharmacy. Provides effective and efficient use of resources in collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy.
2. Monitors drug and other resource utilization as well as provide future trends for drug budget.
3. Designs, supports and implements process improvement relating to inpatient and outpatient oncology practices.
4. Develops and updates policies and procedures relating to inpatient and outpatient oncology practice.
5. Attends and serves on multidisciplinary committees (e.g. Hematology/Oncology Section, Cancer Committee, and P&T).
6. Insures department treatment plans are followed & documented. Validates that all medication orders include proper laboratory results (CBC, CMP, etc) within the timeframe specified in hospital policy. Ensures that the 5 rights of medication administration (patient, drug, dose, route, time) are followed.
7. Provides patient education on the proper use of prescribed medication and associated compliance (in-patients and outpatients infusion room). This will include all necessary training of nursing personnel regarding the administration of these medications.
8. Provides consult service dealing with various aspects of drug therapy, including pharmacokinetic consults, adverse drug reaction reports, and possible drug-drug interactions.
9. Provides in-service lectures and/or educational materials on drug-related topics to members of Pharmacy, Nursing and Medical staffs. Serves as preceptor for Pharmacy residents and students.
10. Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the Pharmacy Department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and services.
11. Maintains standards of confidentiality.
12. Age-Specific Knowledge and Skills- Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the Pharmacy Department.
13. Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards. Other duties and projects as assigned.
PharmD or BS Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy required.
Related Work Experience
2 - 4 years related work experience required.
5 - 8 years related work experience preferred.
● Recent clinical experience in hospital- based infusion center required.
●Current New Jersey License to practice Pharmacy.
● Board Certified in Oncology Pharmacy (BCOP) preferred; BCOP must be obtained within one year of hire.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.