Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Financial Coordinator, Penn Signature Services
Job ID: 164870
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2023
Work Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Financial Coordinator is responsible for supporting the daily financial operations of the office of Penn Signature Services (PSS). Coordinates financial information with employees at all levels of Penn Medicine, and acts as a liaison between PSS patients and Penn Medicine entities by providing patients and payors with financial guidance following the department protocols.
- Works with clinicians and staff to ensure estimates and billing for international patients are done timely and accurately using the format required by 3rd parties. Works closely with all payers and representatives to ensure billing format is updated and claims are submitted in a timely manner per protocols.
- In a timely manner, handles procurement and posting of receivables, A/R tracking, and updates to internal and external stakeholders on aged days. Collaborates with the Department of Financial Services to ensure entity and Corporate Business Development allocation of revenue.
- Provides financial oversight of Executive Health and Penn Passport services, including payment procurement and revenue reconciliation.
- Works in collaboration with the office of PSS Programs, preparing reports for all parties, timely and thoroughly. Validates payments from payors documenting any variance and processes rebilling or adjustments, as necessary, for each account.
- In coordination with international programs and the clinical team, prepares bills and assists with estimates of treatment plans to provide comprehensive treatment plans. Calculates and allocates payment to CPUP and outside providers based on contracted terms. Works with international programs to arrange for medical records to accompany bills.
- Works with initiatives of PSS programs to ensure bank transfers and self-pay accounts are updated prior to continuation of treatment. Produces financial reports on a monthly basis and comments on variance activity.
- Works with international programs to arrange medical records accompany bills.
- Maintains communication with administrative, clinical and support personnel to ensure services requested compliment clinical care plan. Accurately communicates patient’s schedule to patient/customer and other health care providers, as appropriate. Communicates HIPAA compliant information to Development office on a regular basis. Facilitates financial service requests on behalf of PSS/PGM patients and ensures world class, end-to-end customer services.
- Processes payments by cash, check, or credit card with Cashier and ensures proper deposit of funds and receipts to appropriate parties. Maintains communication line with Patient Accounting for Bad Debt referrals and issues with payers.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Required), preferably in Accounting, Finance, International Finance, Healthcare
- 2+ years of experience in progressively responsible positions in billing operations and accounts receivable, preferably with multicultural patients and organizations (Required)
Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to adeptly handle patients of different ethnic, religious, and other backgrounds in a congenial and service-oriented fashion
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Understanding of HIPAA standards and patient privacy regulations
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Self-actualized and strong interpersonal skills working across many cultures
- Proficiency in foreign languages – preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE