Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Avasys Tele Sitter Technician - Float Pool at Penn Medicine Princeton Health(Full-Time Night)
Job ID: 167052
Category: CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)/ Nursing Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2023
Work Schedule: 7p-7a w/ weekend rotations
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- A member of the nursing team who provides continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients, and whose primary responsibilities include maintaining patient safety. The Avasys Tele Sitter technician plays an important role in reducing negative outcomes from hospitalization, such as falls, and injuries. First line of action is to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in at risk behaviors. Summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance. This member of the nursing team performs patient care procedures consistent with the University Medical Center at Princeton standards, and works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the Avasys Tele Sitter Solution software.
- Maintains visual observation of all monitored patients at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room. Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance. Reports to nurse any changes in patient condition or behavior, whereby reducing hospital never-events.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate care to this patient population based on the patients individualized treatment plan as delegated by the RN.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Arranges meal break times with nurse and informs nurse prior to leaving monitoring station for any reason so that relief may be provided to ensure constant patient observation.
- Provides patient with explanations as necessary, but does not counsel or provide opinions.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others. Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environmental safety. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to Charge Nurse.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and department safety programs. Is the first line of defense in identification of safety risks to the patient through video monitoring.
- Provides timely documentation of patient observation in the Avasys Smart Client documentation system.
- Collaborate with staff both within and outside the department to enhance patient care and satisfaction.
- Maintains confidentiality standards.
- Possesses the knowledge, skill and attitude necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with the growth and development levels and patient populations served within the department.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards.
- Attends in-services and educational programs to enhance knowledge and promote growth within position.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the health care team to ensure a smooth functioning unit.
- Accountable for improving patient care through adherence to all patient safety and quality standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Provider
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least six months of hands-on Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Tech experience OR currently enrolled in LPN/RN nursing program with successful completion of Nursing 1.
- Associates Degree preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE