Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Marketing Sales Representative, Penn Medicine at Home
Job ID: 166406
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2023
Work Schedule: 8:30AM–5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Marketing Sales Representative has responsibility for growing profitable revenue and building market share within Long-Term Care (LTC), Skilled Nursing (SNF) and Physician Practices within their designated territory. He/she is responsible for selling, maintaining, and documenting all activities for his/her assigned accounts. The Marketing Sales Representative for Penn Medicine at Home generates new patient activity and creates deeper relationships with referring LTC, SNF, Physician Practices, and other referring staff; Generates measured improvement in optimal payer mix; and Partners with other Penn Medicine entities to develop our physician referral network in conjunction with Business Development Department. This position also coordinates community relations, marketing and business development activities in assigned accounts to generate positive name recognition and consumer relations, and marketing and business development activities in the region.
- Ensures patient/customer satisfaction through complete and continuous measurement of satisfaction levels for all key customer groups. Anticipates patient/customer physical and emotional needs and assures that they are accommodated. Takes action to make up for lapses in service.
- Works with Penn Medicine entities and suppliers to develop programs, services and change initiatives that anticipate future customer needs, build customer loyalty and generate growth.
- Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge and expertise in all services. Provides accurate information about Penn Medicine at Home services regarding criteria for admission, available services, reimbursement criteria, and coverage under Medicare and Medicaid.
- Develops and implements sales strategies to capture new business. Performs extensive prospecting and proposal preparation. Develops and implements sales strategies at key accounts within Penn Medicine at Home.
- Maintains communication with referral sources and continually monitors satisfaction. Troubleshoots service failures to maintain referral sources. Conducts periodic reports/feedback for referral sources on referral history and patient statistics.
- Responsible for positioning Penn Medicine at Home as a leader in communities and physician practices in designated territory. Acts as a resource to clinical staff and referral sources on home care services including hospice and end of life care.
- Reliable vehicle
- Car Insurance (Required)
- Valid Driver's License (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Required); preferably in Marketing or Healthcare or related field.
- 3+ years of experience of documented, successful sales to physicians, discharge planners, etc. or related experience in health care (Required)
- 1+ years of experience in Homecare or Hospice services (Preferred)
- Prior experience in Hospice (Clinical or Sales/Marketing) (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE