Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO
Job ID: 168285
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2023
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Onsite
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO, UPHS, provides high-level advanced administrative support to maximize the CEO's productivity and efficiency. Serves as the Executive Office's primary point of contact to facilitate effective and efficient departmental operations. Manages daily office operations through the oversight of a team of Executive Assistants who report directly to this position. Presents a welcoming culture and environment to all staff, stakeholders, and guests. Primary responsibilities include calendar management and scheduling, screening telephone calls and providing preliminary information to internal and external callers, as well as preparing various forms, mailings and reports.
- Screen telephone calls thoroughly and diplomatically, providing preliminary information to internal and external callers as appropriate and directing inquiries and requests as needed.
- Responsible for calendar management, including scheduling and arranging meetings/conferences, travel, and lodging.
- Respond to both routine and non-routine inquiries and correspondence often pertaining to highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Screen and proofread documents on behalf of the CEO.
- Create and develop visual presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prepare, process, and/or monitor a variety of forms, records, reports and other documents related to the administrative functions of the department.
- Monitor expenditures, process budget documents and purchase orders; preparing expense reports and invoices for payment.
- Order supplies, submit work orders, and review/approve timecards for processing on behalf of the department.
- Executive Office Conference Rooms and Meeting Spaces
- Establishes practices for conference room and meeting space scheduling, usage, prioritization and availability.
- Ensures reservation schedules are accurate and up to date.
- Ensures all conference rooms, meeting spaces and office equipment (copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.) are kept in optimal condition - housekeeping, AV and phone functionality, etc.
- Management of Executive Assistants
- Assist employees with problems and questions regarding payroll to include time in attendance, accruals and deductions
- Perform delegated responsibilities for time and attendance management of Executive Office staff to include but not limited to processing, coordinating and tracking FMLA issues, monitor promptness and attendance of staff, ensure timely and accurate salary payments, and coordinate with HR.
- Conduct performance evaluations.
- Address challenges and skill deficiencies.
- Provide support and guidance.
- Provide/coordinate administrative support with special projects, events and activities, as needed.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 5+ years of prior administrative experience supporting a senior level executive.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of prior administrative experience supporting a senior level executive.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Strong communication skills with all levels of staff and personnel
- Must show initiative and good judgment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be attentive to detail
- Demonstrated successful relationship building all levels of staff, physicians and executives
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE