Job ID: 167108
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2023
Work Schedule: Per Diem
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Under the direction of a radiologist, performs high quality diagnostic imaging examinations using ingenuity, initiative and independent judgment of patients in a safe and timely manner, as ordered by physicians. Must follow physicians’ orders precisely, maintaining a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their co-workers from unnecessary exposure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs all necessary preparations related to mammography procedures:
· Performs all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription, precertification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, Soarian order and patient identification.
· Perform all procedures following the appropriate imaging protocols. All technical factors should be appropriate for the age of the patient with consideration of the tools available for shielding and dose reduction.
· Compiles and reviews images, provides applicable comparison studies, and prepares documentation for interpretation.
· Participates in the ACR accreditation process
· Clean, adjust and perform routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
Education Training and Experience
Satisfactory completion of an accredited radiologic technology program resulting in a two year certificate and/or associate degree or four year baccalaureate degree.
· Current registration with the American Registry of Radiologic technologists (ARRT) including mammography certification.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.