Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Senior HV Operations Advisor
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 168324
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 18, 2023
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Operations Advisor is a critical partner with the HVSL CAO and divisional leadership. They will utilize their expertise and specialized experience in a variety of functions related to Heart and Vascular operations and leadership. The Senior Operations Advisor is a strategic thinker with an understanding of the Heart and Vascular Service Line operations, stakeholders and priorities. The HVSL will identify critical projects annually to prioritize the work of the HV Operations Advisor. The specialized expertise required for this position includes, but is not limited to, coaching, mentoring, inter-entity operations initiative leadership and coordination, access pilot scaling, best practice documentation and distribution and strategic program restructuring.
- Operations Leadership Development and Mentoring
- The HVSL has hired more than five new managers in the past few months. The Senior Operations Advisor will provide leadership development, coaching and mentoring for the new leaders across multiple programs and sites. Will draft development plans and meet regularly with leaders in-person and/or virtually.
- Access Pilot
- Lead pilot telemedicine health education group visit pilot resulting in two group visit sessions with dietician and workbook outlining steps to conduct future group visits.
- TAVR Program Restructuring
- Assess and recommend infrastructure and programmatic oversight changes to the TAVR Program to ensure operational excellence and improved patient and referring provider experience.
- Oversee NPV Access Team Strategy and Operations
- Manage HVSL/Pulmonary Access pilot; liaison for HVSL with Pulmonary operations leadership. Work with new patient coordinator – review HVSL processes and access issues and access center opportunities for improvement; review status of Consults to Cardiology default pool; Triage RN – regular updates on AHEAD program and consults to Cardiology.
- Nursing Access Line Restructuring
- Lead restructuring of non-urgent patient call routing for the PCAM practices with Senior Director of Operations. Review telecom options and processes for call routing and voice mail. Establish policies for call response times and scripts for voice mail and auto attendant messages.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Health Care Administration or Business Administration or related field and 10+ years strategic management experience in the Heart and Vascular Service Line
- Master of Arts or Science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE