Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Interventional Radiology Technologist - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 167106
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 18, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Interventional Radiology Technologist at Pennsylvania Hospital.
Performs interventional imaging procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs. Demonstrates the ability to utilize and understand multiple types of software and capabilities of the different rooms in Interventional. Participates in unit based committees and projects under the direction of Clinical Service Coordinator. Initiates and completes all billing appropriately for patients undergoing interventional procedures.
- Demonstrates Professionalism within the framework of Relationship Based Care (Patient-Centered Care).
- Demonstrates Teamwork by displaying a cooperative relationship with co-workers by consistently treating others with respect and always using open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates Patient-Centered Care by showing courtesy, compassion, sensitivity and respect in all interactions with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel.
- Displays a cooperative attitude and responds with respect to directions and recommendations from supervisor.
- Supports ongoing improvement of client satisfaction:
- Returns phone calls and emails promptly
- Attends meetings as requested
- Is politically sensitive to clients/patients environment
- Is knowledgeable in their area
- Timeliness on completing projects
- Data provided is accurate and reliable
- Identify the competencies required for each patient population that the employee works with (neonate, child, adolescent, young adult, middle adult and older adult)
- Responsible for the utilization of Interventional equipment to insure care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and the use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment and images.
- Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedures.
- Exhibits skill sets to demonstrate proper use of equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge of troubleshooting.
- Comprehends and completes the established quality control on equipment
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Represents the hospital in a positive and professional manner.
- Adheres and upholds PEOPLE standards according to the hospital
- Shows compassion and kindness toward patients and family members.
- Interacts professionally and effectively communicates with peers, physicians, patients, visitors and guests.
- Participates in programs/committees beneficial to departmental, hospital and health system improvement.
- ARRT certification is required.
- Must maintain continuing education credits for certification.
- BLS certification required.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college attended or hospital trained required.
- One year experience in Diagnostic Imaging required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE