Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
We are Seeking a PRN Diagnostic Radiographer (X-ray) Tech for our Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - Cedar location at 501 S. 54th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19143
Schedule would include all shifts, weekends and holidays. On Call coverage is optional.
Summary: The Radiologic Technologist will perform diagnostic imaging for our HUP Cedar location.
·Patient Care Provider
- Greets patients building a good report to gain trust and confidence.
- Verifies all information necessary to perform procedures consistent with section protocols.
- Monitors patients for their safety and well-being throughout the procedures while responding to any need or concern while in their care.
- Thoroughly completes all pre and post exam duties including but not limited to patient preparation, reviewing exam orders, and making changes or edits as needed
·Radiology Equipment Operator
- Operates radiology equipment using proper techniques to produce high quality images.
- Maintains equipment and troubleshoots service issues.
- Practices radiation safety guidelines at all times.
- Takes initiative to resolve issues/concerns from patients, family, physicians, UPHS personal, and co-workers.
- Answer phone calls using appropriate greeting and information.
- Ensures proper work flow is being achieved at all times.
· Core Values
- Express compassion and hospitality.
- Demonstrates passion for quality and service.
- Effectively works with other UPHS personnel to achieve best results.
- Manages resources to consistently improve quality care and great value.
- Continuously learns and improves performance.
- Treats people respectfully.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Effectively communicates and ensures understanding of UPHS mission and values
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required) within probationary period
- ARRT certification (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program(required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.