Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Environmental Services Worker- Nights
Job ID: 162168
Category: Environmental/Linen Services
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Cleans and maintains Princeton House buildings and performs a variety of Environmental Services duties, not being limited to any one or specific duty. Always must adhere to infection control and safety standards.
- Sweeps, dusts, dry and wet mops, vacuums, properly utilizes “wet floor” sign, clean vents and televisions.
- Damp dust furniture, bedside cabinets, overbed tables, lamps, window sills, bed mattresses, televisions, telephones, and any other room furniture, always using proper germicide.
- Gathers and disposes of trash, wash wastebaskets, and large refuse containers and replace liners. Dispose of all medical waste according to the Infection Control Manual.
- Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department, collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service
- Performs emergency housekeeping function when assigned.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards
- Met or exceeded EVS departmental HCAHPS score of 80.5
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use Penn Chart and meet the EVS Bed Cleaning Turnaround time of 60 minutes or less.
- Uses proper dilution of germicide when cleaning.
- Spot washes, or wash entire walls, ceilings and inside windows, using proper germicide cleaning solutions (sponge and cloths).
- Performs high dusting, including ceilings, drapes and tops of lockers.
- Wash all beds, mattresses and furniture in rooms.
- Wash lights and light fixtures (over the bed only).
- Clean sinks, toilets, mirrors, and showers.
- Replenishes supply of paper towels, toilet tissues and soap.
- Maintains supply cart by cleaning and stocking properly. Keeps equipment with him/her while working.
- Reports any defective outlets, electrical fixtures or any other MCAP property that is in need of repairs to the supervisor.
- Properly places “wet floor” sign to mark work area.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE